Impact Report: #BlackInMicrobiology Week 2020
ASCC outlined and drafted a report detailing the social media impact of #BlackinMicrobiology Week 2020 for event sponsors. Our draft included an introduction and conclusion as well as a description of relevance for each analysis. Data for each analysis were collected as described below.
Twitter data collection, analysis, and visualization using R. Analyzed both resonance and engagement as well as participant geography and sentiment.
YouTube data export, analysis, and visualization of post-event views and subscribers.
Website data export to understand traffic patterns, including the sponsor’s page.
Event registration data export, analysis, and visualization for participant field, position, gender, and location.
A visual summary and description of the outlets that covered and/or promoted #BlackInMicrobiology Week 2020.
- Women Are Underrepresented and Receive Differential Outcomes at ASM Journals: a Six-Year Retrospective Analysis
- Suggestions for Improving Invited Speaker Diversity To Reflect Trainee Diversity
- Opinion: Peer Review Study Compromises Response to Gender Bias
- Write Your Diversity Statement in Four Steps
- 7 Tips for Improving Pay Equity